Thursday, November 4, 2010

Introduction and a little background

Welcome to my blog everyone. First, a little bit of information about myself, I am a 27 year old artist. After receiving a BFA from the Savannah College of Art and Design in 2006, I spent two years studying drawing and painting in San Francisco under such artists as Carl Dobsky andJustin 'Coro' Kaufman at what was then called the Next Gen Atelier. It has since evolved intoThe Safehouse Atelier and anyone interested in really learning how to draw and paint should look into it. In an effort to clear my head after so many years of studying and working full time, I took to the open road, riding my bicycle from Seattle, WA to Nicaragua. Some of the fruits of that labor can be viewed at the blog I kept of the trip. I have since returned to my easel and am producing paintings once more.

Here are a few older pieces, executed while still in San Francisco.

Rite of Spring, oil on linen, 18" x 27", 2008

Jill, graphite, 2008

Modern Romance, oil on linen, 10" x 15", 2008

Figure Study: Clody, graphite, 2008

Pear, oil on panel, 2007

That should give you a bit of insight into where I'm coming from. Check back for updates on current projects as well and reflections on my pursuits as an artist.



No comments:

Post a Comment